• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member from Sweden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turner

Hello and greetings from Sweden

Have not introduced myself yet and it's probably best conduct to do that. :) English is not my first language so my spelling and wording will not be perfectly in line with what I want to say always. I'm past the 30 year hurdle and have been working for about 10 years in transportation. I have interests and ambitions not easily neglected though. Reached the conclusion that I can't get any peace with myself unless I pursue this. So I'm back to school now and will be poor as a rat for the next few years but it's all worth it if it enables me to realize the dreams I have.

Anyway, I have a particular interest in the late WW2 designs of Kurt Tank. A aeronautical engineer which history did not treat kindly and today he's all but forgotten. His FW187, FW190 and Ta152 are designs of special interest to me and one of my ambitions is to build replicas of the Ta152C and H types.

Also have a concept study underway together with an associate. It's a tailless design we aim to build as a 1-seater and if the concept proves itself well enough a 2 seater might be possible. My intention is to integrate these ambitions with my studies. In the near future I'm building a 1/2 scale prototype as a RC plane and might do a 3/4 scale as well.

In the past I built and flown RC planes in the teenage years. A hobby I picked up on again this last spring after ~15 years away. Also been involved in online flight sims for almost 12 years now. Fighter Ace and since 2003 Aces High. The creativity in me led me to pursue film making using material recorded within Aces High. Two of these films you can download from links in my signature. I also have a GoPro HD cam which is fantastic to mount on RC planes and here I'll embed a movie recorded from one of the Squall EDFs I built this summer.

I'm a inherently creative person so there will be much more coming. I use to say, creativity is a blessing and a curse.

Blue skies!!!
smile%20happy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back