• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member freezing in the dark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GY20_Minicab

Hello fellow aviators and airplane builders,
My name is Mike, and I have been nuts about planes since age 2. I retired last year and have been working full tilt on my GY20 Minicab. The pre-cover inspection was done July 2009 and since then I have been working on the details that are the last 90%. The fuselage is supported inverted in the shop to make it easier to do the panel wiring which is almost done. The wing is completed and waits at the hanger. I've started using a white board on the shop door to remind me of the next things to do. I would like to fabricate and install the parts just once, instead of the usual 3 or 4 times. After the firewall insulation goes on, the tank can go in and then fit up the fuel lines......etc etc.
My interest in this group is to be part of the sharing of information and ideas. I fly a Druine Turbulent ( YouTube - Druine Turbulent takeoff.wmv ) and have 750 hrs behind the stock VW engine making noise at the front.
The Minicab will also be VW powered (2.2 liter)
My main areas of interest are old style wood aircraft and vw engines.
Cheers,

Back