• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member/Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJTX

Hello everyone. I wanted to step in and introduce myself. My name is Tony and I am embarking on building a Fisher Horizon 2. This is my first build project so I expect the learning curve to be quite severe. I’m very excited about it, as this is the number one item on the bucket list. I’ve chosen the Horizon 2 for a number of reasons. Affordability, wood construction, classic design of fabric tail wheel, and its’ being designed to accept a tall pilot. I’m located in the northern Dallas area, and will be completing as much of the build as possible in my garage prior to moving to an airport. I’m not sure which airport yet, but I’m hoping to find a hangar to share since I will include the wing fold option in my build. I’m excited to join here and hopefully find lots of great resources for my build.

Happy Flying!
smiley.gif

Attachments

• 4160336F-73ED-49CC-9CAA-F561ACEC9B60.jpeg
    4160336F-73ED-49CC-9CAA-F561ACEC9B60.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 40AC9801-C09E-4F71-B466-3AD7D8EA1899.jpeg
    40AC9801-C09E-4F71-B466-3AD7D8EA1899.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 12
Back