• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member and long time Wolf 11 (Boredom Fighter ) builder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlaw121212

I have been retired for many years and should have plenty of time for aeroplane building, but for many reasons beyond my control that doesn't always seem to be the case.

My Boredom Fighter project began in the late 1980s, when I was still working and didn't have much spare time. It is now a complete airframe and just about ready for a first trial rigging of the wings, then fabric covering and weight and balance to establish the length of the engine mount.

I have a dismantled low time A-80 (-8J) awaiting rebuilding. My U.K. LAA inspector recently retired, but is likely to be helping me with the engine work, having already rebuilt many small Continentals.

I now have an NPPL (DVLC Group 1 med only now) and try to maintain currency with my share in an Aeronca Chief. I used to have a PPL, but a medical problem in 1997 stopped that, unfortunately.

I have mostly flown a small variety of light tailwheel aircraft and have around 650 hours altogether. Looking forward to being a member of the forum - and finding a few answers!

Ian

Back