New Lurker - Curtis Scholl

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

curtisscholl

Hi Folks:

Curtis Scholl here.
I have been following the homebuilt aircraft crowd since 1972, I have been a member of the EAA, but let it lapse.
I have two goals, one to build an ultralight autogyro, and two to build an ultralight fixed wing plane.
I am a USAF veteran, 78-82, as a Huey (Iriquois) 204/205 Helicopter mechanic.

Married for 41 years and counting.

The main tubing parts for the autogyro are on hand, as well as the cluster plates, and bolts. I just need to find where my copious free time went.

Curtis S.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Welcome to HBA, Curtis.

I haven’t seen one in many years, but Air Command had a very nice ultralight gyro. Not sure what became of them, though.

BJC

Turd Ferguson

Sounds like a great project! Are you going for something like the Hollmann Gyrobee? That's the only autogyro I have see so far that can actually comply with Part 103.

curtisscholl

Hey there:

There are a number of UL gyros to mash together (maybe)....
The KB3 - Ken Brock's ultralight version of a Bensen
The 3DRV - Monte Hoskins design, drop keel with wood rotor blades (or extruded aluminum)
The BumbleBee - Modified with a Drop keel (Hollman) for a bigger prop.
The GyroBee by Prof Taggart....modified with a drop keel for a bigger prop

I have the tubing and aluminum plate that could cover the base build for any of the three on the mast and keel.

Curtis S.

Sounds like a great project! Are you going for something like the Hollmann Gyrobee? That's the only autogyro I have see so far that can actually comply with Part 103.