• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New here too!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger

Tooele Utah It's 40 klicks south and west of SLC
Hey all. My name is John. I wish I'd have found this site 30 years ago! Then again, if we'd have had computers 30 years ago, I probably would have!

I live in Utah, and am currently building a Ragabond (Piper Pacer lookalike). I got the tail feathers done, working on the ribs now. I've already built a Fisher 202 Koala, but due to the wifes medical problem, I had to sell it, JUST SHORT of flying it. I had the money saved up for the Rotax....well, it was needed elsewhere.....as was the money I got out of the 202.

But, I'm at it again now. And just tonight, I'm going to pick up an 1835 cc VW (60 hp static) and a Warneke "almost constant speed" prop....the engine has only 5 hours on it, and I'm giving $1900.00 for the works. Good deal, I hope!!:ermm: It should fly my plane well, even at 5000' elevation......again, I hope!

Thats about it......everything important and "airplane" that is!

I'll be pestering the hell out of some of you for sure! You can count on that!

John

Back