New Guy

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

misterstax

Hey Victor...you're local SoCal, you might remember Barney's on the West Side...used to get dinner there after working all night on the way home. I did my ground school at Van Nuys, went on the recommendation of several pilots and LAPD I met at the Northridge Range. Were you there for the big quake in '94?

J.L. Frusha

Supporting Member
Before we married, my wife an kids were in the fallout zone from the shuttle explosion. Someone found burned body parts and shuttle parts, in that part of East Texas. Glad it wasn't me.

'85-'87 I was in West Germany in the Army.

Welcome to the nuthouse. We have experts, exports, expedites, drifters dreamers and schemers.

Me? I'm a loose cannon... Ex Army Tanker.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Hey Victor...you're local SoCal, you might remember Barney's on the West Side...used to get dinner there after working all night on the way home. I did my ground school at Van Nuys, went on the recommendation of several pilots and LAPD I met at the Northridge Range. Were you there for the big quake in '94?

I remember Barney's, even before "the controversy". I mean, if you're gonna have that kind of sign hanging in your bar, you might pick a slightly different zip code than West Hollywood... you figure? :)

Yeah, I was here in the 94 quake. 4 or 5 AM, sleeping on the 20th floor of a hi-rise condo in the "Wilshire Corridor", and my bedroom starts moving ten feet back and forth (the building had been built with the structural pivots and rollers, one of the first). My girlfriend (now-wife) had just moved here from Brooklyn, and her choice of words at that moment put Marisa Tomei (as the chick in My Cousin Vinny) to shame!

Actually, I'm one of the few OG LA natives, born and raised on the west side.

Bill-Higdon

Before we married, my wife an kids were in the fallout zone from the shuttle explosion. Someone found burned body parts and shuttle parts, in that part of East Texas. Glad it wasn't me.

'85-'87 I was in West Germany in the Army.

Welcome to the nuthouse. We have experts, exports, expedites, drifters dreamers and schemers.

Me? I'm a loose cannon... Ex Army Tanker.
I can't find the picture now but there's a great picture from the webtoon strip Shogun shuffle about Loose Cannon's you buy em we flyem

misterstax

misterstax, What are you planning on building?
George

Kind of undecided...maybe a glider, canard pusher, looking over several kits at the moment. Malish's Piston Jet is of particular interest because it uses an LS6 motor...since I had a 454 in my 57 Bel Air I'm pretty familiar with GM big blocks, could be an important factor.

Love the Loose Cannon's you buy em we flyem pic.