New guy saying hello

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

mr_matt

Hello,

My name is Matt and I am looking to get back into fullsize after a 35 year side trip into RC modeling. Right now I am trying to decide between backcountry (kitfox, etc) and long range travel (sonex, Long EZ, RV something). As you can see, there is a big big difference in these projects, hence my focus on lifestyle (where to keep the plane, where to live, where to go, how much $ upfront, how much recurring etc etc.)

I am hopefully 10 years from retirement (but it could come tomorrow!!). So I want to plan to have something flying and have solid flying hours in by retirement. I have been using the search function a lot and I pledge to try to stay out from stupid or controversial questions (all human endeavors have these!!)

Thanks guys,

Matt

TarDevil

Matt, it's easy to be intimidated here. I was and lurked for years before posting. There's so much knowledge and experience, but rare is the member who will not share generously.
Welcome, and we look forward to participating in your journey.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Hi Matt, WELCOME, we're very glad to have you here. All questions are stupid and controversial to someone somewhere, but they are 100% relevant and of interest to far more people in more places.

Besides, any good R/C modeler already has skills and understanding that puts him or her in the upper 2/3 of this forum's overall knowledge base.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Welcome, Matt.

When I first decided to own, rather than rent, I looked at a C120, a PA-12, a C170, a C190, a Varga, then admitted that I really wanted a Pitts S-1S. After looking at a handful, I found the one that I bought just 30 miles away. The process of actually looking led me to my first airplane.

Also kerp in mind 5hat you can buy something, fly it until you want something else, sell it, and start over. I’ve known two people who [email protected] owned over 50 [email protected]; one had 99.

BJC