• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New guy here, howdy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

New guy here. Hope everyone is well.
Lifetime aviation guy...for fun and food depending on the timeframe of my life.

Grew up in a helicopter charter business and then went off to the USMC for 20 yrs as a Huey and Cobra mechanic. Was in aviation off and on in the DoD where I'm still employed.

Just started flying again as a sport pilot due to a medical issue with the FAA that I only just recently got resolved (finally found the right person to talk to🧐) I do hold Commercial/multi/instrument airplane and A&P privileges, am an active hobbyist metal fabricator (mostly lathe and mill recently), hot rodder and all around tinkerer.

I've become interested in a particular plane recently, the Cygnet SF2A, and have talked to an owner of one about another that is for sale who was gracious and generous with info about the breed. He steered me here...thanks Matt.

Not sure what lies ahead, but always want to learn something new in the aviation world. Thanks for having me!

Semper Fi- Kevin D,

Back