• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Guy From New Hampshire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings and thanks for having me.

I am/was an instrument rated private pilot who stopped flying about 15 years ago due to a medical issue that will let me fly, but won't allow me to fly under the privledges of my private pilots certificate and instrument rating so Sport Pilot/LSA it is. After looking around the local area, there is nothing in that class I can rent so if I wat to fly, I have to buy. Other than the odd Ercoupe and Taylorcraft, there isn't much available to purchase either so I'm looking at the Zenith CH650 as a nice build project.

My background is 30 years fixing crappy old airplanes for the USAF, several years working PT for a small FBO doing line service and now I am in Quality Assurance, working in manufacturing...some aerospace, NASA and light machine shops.

The CH650 has caught my eye as it seems pretty capable for my "mission", looks cool and the building (from what I gather) looks pretty straight forward. Looking forward to reading other bulders thoughts on this and other Zenith projects.

Bob.

Back