new from Kansas

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

skeeler

I am older now and ended up on 40 acres and decided to fulfill a lifetime dream . To build and fly my own ultralight. I have the ability to build my own plane ,runway and hanger. It will be slow process due to finances but Im going to give it a try. Just got some j3 kitten plans and its looking like something i may like. I had a quicksilver
but was flying out of a field I had no business in and damaged it but kept the rotax 503. Here to see what others are doing and learn a bit on the way. hello to all

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
My kittens are the furry kind, but we certainly have ultralight fliers here. Welcome.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Welcome, Skeeler, you'll find plenty of folks with similar interests here. I don't know what kind of support is available to J3 Kitten builders these days. You might also consider the Raceair Skylite. Designer Ed Fisher ("Raceair" on this forum) used to stop by from time to time, and Marc from Cloudbase Aviation ("addicted2climbing" on this forum) now owns the rights, so the support is definitely there. Like the J3 Kitten it's a welded 4130 fuselage and tail with fabric covering, though the Skylite uses aluminum tube wing spars and built-up aluminum ribs not wood.

1627283737291.png

Last edited:

pwood66889

"To build and fly my own ultralight. I have the ability to build my own plane ,runway and hanger. It will be slow process due to finances but Im going to give it a try."
Follow That Dream! How ever long it takes. Welcome aboard here!
The wife had an uncle in NW Kansas = Logan. Nice guy. Kinda miss him. He gave me $100 for gas if I ever headed his way. Didn't get a plane or the time to do that. My loss.
Percy in NW FL, USA