Quantcast

New FAA Procedure?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TXFlyGuy

My inspection was canceled at the last minute by the DAR, saying we have to get into the new online system. He says all of the paperwork and forms that I have filled out now have to be done online.

The DAR says this is new, and he did not find out about this until a day before our scheduled inspection.

Anyone here know about this? I can't find anything online.

P1050811.JPG

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
The DAR says this is new, and he did not find out about this until a day before our scheduled inspection.
That spikes my BS meter. Could in fact be a new mandate but the FAA would have notified the DARs that it was coming.
Just hope he isn't charging you extra for the delay/reschedule.

TXFlyGuy

That spikes my BS meter. Could in fact be a new mandate but the FAA would have notified the DARs that it was coming.
No extra charge. It is odd that 18 hours before the inspection, he calls saying we can't do it as we are not "in the system".

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
When I got the inspection for the JMR on 07/07/20 the FAA inspector wanted all the paper work filled out on the computer and emailed to him. Also, he emailed me paperwork to make a copy, sign and scan and emailed back to him.

My N number was not in the system until a couple days before the inspection. At first he said by the FAA records I don't have an N number. I emailed him a copy of my aircraft's registration. He said he had to make several phone calls to get it straighten up.
I think they are having a huge problem at his time.

Added-- The date of my registration is 11/ 19.

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

When I got the inspection for the JMR on 07/07/20 the FAA inspector wanted all the paper work filled out on the computer and emailed to him. Also, he emailed me paperwork to make a copy, sign and scan and emailed back to him.
Similar here...the DAR sent me a form to fill out with a bunch of "Yes or No" questions. And I copied and emailed all of the forms back to him.

Daleandee

I did see this mentioned on another forum. I would suspect that there would be a transition period i.e a time where either method would be allowed. Like the old signs they used to put by the highway read ... "your tax dollars at work!" :)

Last edited:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
The yes and no questions was for your Repairman's Certificate.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Maybe that is why there was 2 FAA inspectors here. One seem to be helping the other with the paper work. Couple of times I think they were as lost as I was. I signed me name so many times my hand got tired.

Dan

cblink.007

I've had DPEs tell me to fill out everything electronically, but always print a backup copy in case internet access goes down at the checkride. And guess what, it did @ my last checkride event! I even do the same thing with flight physicals.

TXFlyGuy

The yes and no questions was for your Repairman's Certificate.
Well...when asked if all AD's were complied with, I said "Yes".
When asked for the latest AD Bulletin's, I said "N/A".

Those were the only 2 questions that had a yes/no answer.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
When the inspector ask if all AD's were complied with, I had the AD list for the new slick mags and said, " NA by serial number".
Same answer for the carb. Experimental engine built from parts. Culver experimental prop and Matco Experimental brakes. I built everything else.

Sure is a relief when the sign-off is complete. DONE, DONE.