New design looking for funds???

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I just received a solicitation email telling about a new design and looking for public funding. The link goes to Indiegogo (similar to Kickstart I think), and wants to develop a production facility. The goal... 50 man-hour production time to yield a $27,000 plane out the door. Hurry, you can be the first to contribute! :gig:

The Aero 180 Light Aircraft | Indiegogo

20120928141410-IMG_0022.jpg

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, pretty funny... I was going to comment on several points but I can't find anything they say that makes sense. But hurry! For only $50 you can get a "limited edition T-shirt" or for $5000 "you will receive an engraved memorial in the name of someone you wish to honor placed on a plaque in our headquarters"...

-Dana

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

StarJar

(From Aero 180 Webpage)"He immediately began doing weight engineering analysis that showed the economic potential of the gull-wing design"
Hmm lets see.....2 KR gear legs, 14 lbs, vs. gull-wing structure 12 lbs. By golly he's right, looks like he saved 2 lbs. OOPs where's the shock absorbsion? Well, at least everyone knows gull wings are easy to build.

ultralajt

Not much description available of the project, so I doubt in it very much.
Also the shape and proportions of the plane are not very cute for me.

In case to cut costs down, why complicated negative gull wing?
Why using obsolete VW engine? How many are still available out there?
Steel frame for taking loads? Why then a metal (as far I can see from photo) skin? It is heavy and not contributing to strength!

Nice try! ;)

Sorry, I am out!

Why?

- I am missing 3 view drawings with dimensions
- I am missing data as weight, preliminary performance and of course number of seats
- I am missing further details about its internal structural design
- I am missing explanation of choosen layout (why and benefits..if any)

Mitja

Last edited:

Jan Carlsson

I don't think it will Fall well

I can have use for $100.000, too, please send them in a big box. Jan:ban:

autoreply

Why using obsolete VW engine? How many are still available out there?
They're made new in - I think - Brazil. At least four US companies sell them, a typical one, ready to bolt on is around 7K US$, vs around 18K US$ for the Rotax, UL power, Jabiru etc.

But that indeed is the only part of it that makes any sense.

There is one part of the design thought that has some brilliance in it. It is so fugly that your friends wouldn't want to see you anymore. That saves a lot of money from beer, burgers and Hooters...

topspeed100

Banned
You guys are all missing the point. The innovation is it is the first ever aircraft that is more stable inverted. Thus on cross country runs you get a better view and you get a little back traction therapy on the way hanging from the belt.
That is why it is gull wing..it is like a gull when inverted.

litespeed

When you guys have finished funding this design, I have a bridge for sale- very big, well known and looks like a coat hanger.

Just $1,000,000,000 AUS FOB Sydney- ie in a valuable currency. You remove from Harbour, at your expense.

Bargain price- don't delay.

We also have a deal on Qantas- just $600 million without Alan Joyce or $100 million with Alan Joyce.

Feloneous Phil's Realty
1800 696969

Head in the clouds

When you guys have finished funding this design, I have a bridge for sale- very big, well known and looks like a coat hanger.

Just $1,000,000,000 AUS FOB Sydney- ie in a valuable currency. You remove from Harbour, at your expense.

Bargain price- don't delay.

We also have a deal on Qantas- just $600 million without Alan Joyce or $100 million with Alan Joyce.

Feloneous Phil's Realty
1800 696969
I'll take the bridge, I think I can sell it on to nutty Walt and he can erect it in Arizona next to the old London Bridge (which wasn't the Tower Bridge he thought he'd bought...) but I think the leprachaun has demolished QANTAS beyond repair... from the world's best airline to a travesty in three years, that's a record of some kind I guess

bmcj

HBA Supporter
That is why it is gull wing..it is like a gull when inverted.
An inverted gull would be a llug.

Ain't slang wonderful? So what does Hooters mean in Holland? And I guess T*ts are little blue birds? :gig:
Well, here in the U.S., it could refer to "little blue birds" (as you so eloquently translated it :gig:) or to the restaurant chain famous for waitresses in tight, low cut tops.

NIGHTHAWK

I just received a solicitation email telling about a new design and looking for public funding. The link goes to Indiegogo (similar to Kickstart I think), and wants to develop a production facility. The goal... 50 man-hour production time to yield a $27,000 plane out the door. Hurry, you can be the first to contribute! :gig:

The Aero 180 Light Aircraft | Indiegogo

View attachment 20087
Don't laugh too hard folks. All it would take to get funded (BY US) is that same e-mail ending up in the inbox of the local Democratic Congressman claiming it would study the effects of Gull-mating or something equally as Pelosian.

Solyndra ring any bells?

Detego

... Don't laugh too hard folks.
... All it would take to get funded (BY US) is that same e-mail
... in the inbox of the local Democratic Congressman
... claiming it would study the effects of Gull-mating or something equally as Pelosian.

Solyndra ring any bells?

Just claim this bird is an endangered species.

Picture-1-500x328.png