New canard designs?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

reo12

Are most "canard" aircraft designed with a swept wing main wing?

What would the characteristics be if a plane had a hershey wing off a Piper for example?
I've owned canard type planes. Sweeping the wing expands the C/G range. A good example is the American Aircraft single seat Falcon UL and the tandem seat XP. The airfoil on both planes is the same. The XP wing has more sweep to help expand the flight envelope.

reo12

I am pretty sure that a canard that small only counts as a trim tab and that plane is essentially a delta flying wing.
Depends on the design. The Pterodactyl UL canard is not considered a lifting component. However - the American Aircraft Falcon UL and XP canard contributes 20% of the total lift.

B52

Peter Muller's Raptor Experimental... Crashed on Friday in a corn field Peter walked away safely.. looks like he may have deployed the parachute if so the damage would be minimal and he'll be back on the horse in no time..

Pilot walks away from plane crash in Fillmore County .

This guy is a legend deserve all the support.

Rik-

Peter Muller's Raptor Experimental... Crashed on Friday in a corn field Peter walked away safely.. looks like he may have deployed the parachute if so the damage would be minimal and he'll be back on the horse in no time..

Pilot walks away from plane crash in Fillmore County .

This guy is a legend deserve all the support.
It’s funny how when Peter is out all the haters are supporters. Not saying yourself

rtfm

Well, my three or four day of immersing myself in all things canard has come to an end. Lockdown has been lifted, and I'm off to the local boat supply company this morning to select the final wood for the Fleabike.