New but old.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

hellschoener

Hello, to all you "lofty" people, you, in the eyes of the rest, risk your life with home made contraptions, ignoring the saying "If god wanted you to fly......."
Just a short snapshot of my building and flying career. PPL in 1976 in Alaska (I live in the Yukon) 1982 Chinook Ultralight, Cessna 172 (didn't built it,eh)
1996 built Glasair TD, 2006 Slepcev Storch, 2017 another Chinook. That's probably it, I am almost 80 and start thinking of getting rid of toys.
Have a very nice 1150cc BMW engine for sale, completely converted for aviation use. For more information contact me, [email protected]
Also, if you have questions about the Storch, Glasair, Chinook or Rans . Happy building and FLYING Helmut

Attachments

hellschoener

No, unfortunately I didn't. Funny, I was the only dentist in Dawson City for 40 years.
Would be surprised if Fairbanks would have had only one dentist. Maybe during the Gold-rush.
But then, I guess, they did not built Monocoupe's. Anyway, interesting.

Cheers Helmut

TFF

Do all dentists in Alaska have planes? I have a friend in Anchorage and his neighbor is just retired dentist who just finished a super duper modified Super Cub homebuilt.

hellschoener

Nice looking BMW, can you give us some numbers on it, weight , power etc.
Hello Glen, This engine is a BMW 1150cc, listed at a 100HP. This set up is the complete engine, PRU, for aviation use converted CPU, exhaust, oil cooler
all integrated into the engine mount. The engine ran for 40 hours and sits pickled in my hangar. The weight of the engine alone, here I quote the data of
other members of this site, "photocopter" is 159 lbs. I did weigh my complete engine set up, as listed above and it weighed in at 110kg, ca 240 lbs.
I am asking $7000.00 for the complete set up.

Attachments

Glen Maxwell

Thanks Hellschoener, that's going to be a great package for someone but unfortunately it is out of my horse power and weight range