Quantcast

NEW AVIATION ERA...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Please contact Dr. Paul Moller, inventor of the Skycar, who will likely have funding available for this project.

Also make sure to contact Professor Irwin Corey, I believe only he will be able to fully articulate these concepts in terms acceptable to the scientific community.

Unfortunately, many of you here on HBA will not be familiar with Prof. Corey's work, and some of it may be lost to history.

henryk

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Three observations:

This guy needs a better translator than Babbelfish if he wants the word to get out to Anglophones;

The future of transportation belongs to flapping winged flight;

Are we all readers of Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy?

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I have flapped wings that don't flap ...

BTW, how are you guys coming up with two digit numbers? :popcorn:
In the series of books written by Douglass Adams, among other things, a supercomputer (Earth) gives 42 as the answer to the ultimate question as to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

Last edited:

Chris Matheny

HBA Supporter
VictorBravo, I knew recently I had heard these political speeches before, I just figured out where when you mentioned prof Corey. It all makes sense now.

Last edited:

pwood66889

And to Dr Evgeny Sorokodum (russian scientist/experimenter) I say that flapping does not "Scale Well." Looked at helicopters for 9 years, and say that when a significant part of the mass involved is oscillating, most of the energy goes into changing direction of that mass. Hence, it is not available for lift.
Not saying any body's numbers are wrong... :)

henryk

a better translator than Babbelfish if he wants the word to get out to Anglophones;
=translation is not so "weighty",
-a meritum is clar !

many grafik data,

f.e. fig 5 =Cd (drag coeff.) versus St (Strouhal number)

is going into NEGATIVE =Thrust !!!

===NOBEL Prise ===

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
He is doing much better in English than I could do in Polish, so I must restrain my comments pertaining to use of language.

But as for content and substance, the discovery of perpetual motion - concurrent with anti-gravity and eradication of entropy - is another story...

DennisK

Is it all super secret, or can you provide instructions on how to build a simple thruster to test the effects you're talking about? It certainly sounds impressive, but also sounds too good to be true. At least build a radio control airplane using this thruster design and post a video of it flying to show that it really works.

Andy_RR

The only gains in propulsion efficiency is if you can curb either vorticity or skin friction from existing ideas of lifting surfaces.

I think it's possible that oscillating thrusters might do something clever recovering vorticity due to the reciprocating nature - i.e. there is a vortex reversal for each stroke so you can possibly "suck back" the vortex energy generated by the opposite stroke - or, perhaps, not generate it in the first place - kind of like destructive interference.

Then, if you can generate higher lift coefficients and run smaller surfaces you may see some skin friction gains.

However, being (presumably) a sinusoidal motion, the dynamic pressure and therefore lift will pass through zero and generally spend time around the low L/D flow regime so whilst the RMS thrust may be OK, the aggregate drag would presumably be higher as is the case when operating any non-linear system cyclicly away from its optimum point.

I suspect that if there's anything advantageous here, it's very niche and hard to realize which is why we don't see real world demonstrations.

henryk

how to build a simple thruster to test the effects you're talking about? I

>1:25 ...

=very eng amplitude & frequency adjusting for max. specific thrust [N/W] .

-only electronic controll can realise this . (black box) !

=oscillating thruster is VERY simple in construction,
but much more complicated in theory...
(generator>load adjustment = NO energy reflect =high efficiency)