Quantcast

New and starting construction of a RW19

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Millor

Hi everyone,

this is Oscar writing you from Barcelona in Catalonia. I decided to start building a Ragwing Stork RW19 some four months ago, in part greatly motivated by the building log of our fellow member MadProfessor8138. I do herewith sincerely thanks Kevin for his support and guidance during those confusing early days. As this is my first homebuilt project, it's going to be a real challenge for me!

So far I have been struggling with the Civil Aviation Authorities in order to get the green light to start the construction. This took me two intense months, you all know how tedious bureaucracy can be when one simply wishes to start with the real thing! Currently I am dressing up my workshop space, meaning selling an old project car to make room available, disposing of plenty of items that where only collecting dust and building the huge working bench. Sourcing parts and materials has also taken some time, but this will go on as long as the plane is being constructed I guess.

I am really glad to be part of the Homebuilders community.

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Hi everyone,

this is Oscar writing you from Barcelona in Catalonia. I decided to start building a Ragwing Stork RW19 some four months ago, in part greatly motivated by the building log of our fellow member MadProfessor8138. I do herewith sincerely thanks Kevin for his support and guidance during those confusing early days. As this is my first homebuilt project, it's going to be a real challenge for me!

So far I have been struggling with the Civil Aviation Authorities in order to get the green light to start the construction. This took me two intense months, you all know how tedious bureaucracy can be when one simply wishes to start with the real thing! Currently I am dressing up my workshop space, meaning selling an old project car to make room available, disposing of plenty of items that where only collecting dust and building the huge working bench. Sourcing parts and materials has also taken some time, but this will go on as long as the plane is being constructed I guess.

Just Build it and ask for permission later!

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Welcome Oscar !

The Storch and all of its replicas (including Ragwing) are very interesting and worthwhile aircraft with fantastic capabilities. The slow speed capabilities add a significant level of safety.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Following Kevin's build also so looking forward to some pic from your table. Half the fun is sharing the things you come up against during the mission.bow tip.jpg

xjgary

Hi everyone,

Welcome Oscar! I am building a RW-20 Stork in Camarillo, California, USA. The EAA has some great books on amateur-built aircraft, including those written by Tony Bingelis, and the Wood Aircraft Building Techniques book. Indispensable is FAA Advisory Circular AC43.13-B (Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices). There is a Ragwing Aviation site on Facebook, but it does not get much traffic. Good luck to you. I hope you build faster than me!

Millor

Welcome Oscar !

The Storch and all of its replicas (including Ragwing) are very interesting and worthwhile aircraft with fantastic capabilities. The slow speed capabilities add a significant level of safety.
Hi VC,
fully agree with you, it had to be a STOL airplane and wooden built, hence not many sound choices out there!

Millor

Following Kevin's build also so looking forward to some pic from your table. Half the fun is sharing the things you come up against during the mission.View attachment 107854
Hi Don,
I will have my bench done during next week and hope to start posting as soon as some nice pictures become available. My garage is far from your American standard size, meaning mine is much smaller, therefore everything will be really tight but I am sure I will succeed!

Millor

Welcome Oscar! I am building a RW-20 Stork in Camarillo, California, USA. The EAA has some great books on amateur-built aircraft, including those written by Tony Bingelis, and the Wood Aircraft Building Techniques book. Indispensable is FAA Advisory Circular AC43.13-B (Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices). There is a Ragwing Aviation site on Facebook, but it does not get much traffic. Good luck to you. I hope you build faster than me!
Hi XJ,
nice to hear about your construction! I wanted mine to have tandem seats, so I opted for the RW19. I appreciate your reading suggestions. I have both of them, but surely I will be faced with some doubts when construction begins. Hard to tell you right now, but my intention is to have the plane flying within two years from now. If I'm not loosing any fingers with the several power tools I have, I might be able to meet my personal deadline. Regards