New 100hp Amphibian Seaplane Homebuilt

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Barnie

Anyone remember the Trident Tristar. It was being built in BC Canada and died when Trudeau wouldn't give it support.

Apparently it was a great plane and the prototype flew well. It was an aluminum trigear with a high wing and pusher

Somewhere there is alot of tooling and it would be nice to see it kitted out for homebuilders

parkert51

To all good desingers out there
What is needed is PLANS for a homebuilt , 2 place, 100 hp, amphibian seaplane some thing like the original Lake.
Power should come from the geared and water cooled rotax or the 0-200 continental. Many people want to use some thing else because they have one.
The prop can be a warpdrive.
Folding wings so it can be loaded on a trailer (maximum 8.5 feet) and parked in the garage at home. No wires or braces on the wings.
Basic panel without costing a zillion dollars.
The airplane should be a LSA or regular home built. The designed airplane should be built , flown , and photographed so anyone can see it. If a good plane is designed and built many people would buy the plans including me!
Funny you should say so, I am working on such a design now. Already had the first prototype fly a few years ago but lost her in a hanger fire.

craig saxon

Anyone remember the Trident Tristar. It was being built in BC Canada and died when Trudeau wouldn't give it support.

Apparently it was a great plane and the prototype flew well. It was an aluminum trigear with a high wing and pusher

Somewhere there is alot of tooling and it would be nice to see it kitted out for homebuilders
Do you have any more info on it, when you google it all the results seem to relate to airliners.

Aha, found it , that should be Trident Trigull Trident Trigull Introduction

Last edited:

Berry17

Hi Lee,

Sorry I haven't replyed to your comment about not being able to find any site for the Sea Eagle.

The reason you can't find anything is because I haven't put anything on the internet as yet.

As you can guess from that comment, we are the builders of the Sea Eagle.

When we get closer to releasing kits we will put it up on the internet.

Stay tuned.
mate im keen to find out if the plane is ready to be purchesed in kit form ????? thanks regards dave

skeeter_ca

Here's the Sea Eagle spec's you were wanting.

We will have three different Radial engines avalable for the Sea Eagle and they are:

CAPICITY ............HORSEPOWER.............. DIAMETER ............WEIGHT
1200cc .....................70HP ............................510mm ................<50kg
1600cc .....................95HP ............................610mm ................<65kg
2000cc .....................120HP ..........................710mm .................<80kg

And they are all DIESEL

These are still in development, but should be available towards the later part of 2009

Another plane that dropped off the edge of the world never to be seen or heard of again. To bad.

RockyPilot

Graeme (AKA Blackhawk )

What has happened to the Sea Eagle? In 2008 you stated you bought the rights to the design. Also stating that in 2009 you would be selling kits that includes EVERYTHING (except paint and epoxy). Then in 2009 you posted performance specs on the aircraft and talked about three different engines it could come with. Here it is 2013 and I see that you are still active on this forum posing stuff about engines but NOTHING about your company or the kits you have been selling since 2009!

I tried doing a google search for the Sea Eagle and although there are other aircraft with that name, NOTHING about the one you have been selling kits for since 2009.

I have to guess that you did NOT start selling kits back in 2009 (four years ago) and still today are NOT selling kits for this aircraft. Is this right?? If you are, please post something or give me a link to your companies website so I can look at ordering a kit.

Thanks, DC

Group Builder