• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need to re-think the aircraft that I want

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCPilot

For the longest time, I've had my eyes set on the RV-12, it's a solid aircraft created by the best manufacturer of kits in the aviation industry. Unfortunately, the kit {plus the other stuff I'll have to buy that's not in the kit) puts the RV-12 out of my price range. Also, I think Vans kinda shot themselves in the foot by not offering a FWF kit sans engine.

So I'm looking at another kit to build, and I'm looking for advice. Here are my requirement for the aircraft.

Kit aircraft that fits the LSA rules and regulations.
Good aircraft to fly around in in the Southeast (Mostly NC and SC). Honestly this would be about 95-98% of my mission.
A good aircraft to take to AirVenture and Sebring.
First time builder friendly.
EDIT: Can be upgraded for the ADS-B thing that's coming in 2020.
And I guess the most important part is that it's fun to fly.
icon_biggrin.gif

Also I'd like for the aircraft to be able to take off and land in grass strip, but off-site landing isn't going to happen. :p

So any thoughts or suggestion?

EDIT: I also forgot that the kit must allow me to be frugal, since I'm not taking out a loan for what is a hobby.

Back