• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need some help on some electrical questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffrosa

I am almost at the end of my wiring for my KR2S with great plains VW motor and diehl case. I do have some questions,

How do I know if my starter has a starter solenoid. My starter has a black connector on it but I can see what kind it is since it is right by the firewall.

Can I just use a continuous solenoid since my start might have a solenoid in it already?

My alternator has 2 wires coming out of it that is hooked up to a really really basic looking regulator. Seems like just a block of metal with 3 connections on the back. Now my question is, the two wires that come from the alternator go to the 2 outside spots on the regulator the middle connector is empty. I have been reading and they call that the b+ lead? So I am supposed to send that to a circuit breaker and then where does it go? I do not want to have a switch for it, I dont know where it goes. Also what size is that supposed to be? Is it supposed to be shielded? Does it go before or after the annemeter?

Thanks guys

Back