• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need info on composite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon81

I have been working on a design and I am trying to find a good construction method to use. The plane I am designing is go to be a pretty fast design with a lot of power . It is going to be a 2 place side by side with a 502 big block chevy or 0-540 I haven't decided . I want it to be pretty curving the best way to describe it would be sort of a Cory Bird Symmetry and Nemesis Nxt .I think I would build the wing soild foam hot wired.But I am trying find info on figuring how many piles to use and stuff like I have some books on composite construction like Composite Construction by Jack Lambie ,Advanced Composite Techniques by Zeke Smith ,and Composite Airframe Structures by Michael C.Y.Niu .I think I want to carbon fiber to make it as strong and little as possible.Any ideas and opinions would greatly appericated .Thanks Brandon

Back