• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need help mounting rudder pedals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

Post number 39 in my build thread here:https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16831&page=3&p=411505#post411505 mentions some rudder pedals someone gave me. I need help mounting them so the brakes function correctly and any other possible pitfalls are avoided.

The pedals themselves are about 9 and 3/8 inches tall if standing straight up. As mentioned in the thread I've got big feet. My shoes are 13+ inches long and I've had trouble not actuating the brakes in c-172's and Da-40's on takeoff while working the rudder pedals which are similar to these. So right now the plan is to build a little platform to raise the pedals up somewhere between 3-5 inches and rig the pedals so they are angled back about the same angle as the bottom of my feet when resting on the floor board.

The big question is where to bolt the bottom of the master cylinder in relation to the pedals? Do i mount it straight up and down or angle it back like the pedals?

Back