• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need Help in Finding the Right Material

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowhammer

Supporting Member
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Greetings Friends,

I hope you all are doing well and in good health.

Some of you may be aware that I am currently building a Pulsar I kit from Aero Designs. Aero Designs is no longer in operation so factory support is non existent.

I am looking for the specific type of "foam boards" they used for the wing ribs. The ribs are made from the Blue Dow Foam Board with 2.2 pound density according to the parts manifest.

Having already completed construction of the starboard wing, I would like to use the exact same material for the Port wing. The reason I need more board is because I have a few ribs that were broken during handling by me on accident of course.

Aero Designs supplied the wing ribs already precut with no spare material. Thankfully, I was smart enough to trace the Starboard Ribs out on my build table before I built the wing just in case I were to need to replace one.

I'm just unsure of where to find this material and if there is a special type they used not typically found in the aviation isle at Lowes (LOL).

If someone could help me tackle this issue I would be forever in your debt. It is seriously holding my project up and after a semi exhausting effort to find the right type I decided to pull the trigger and ask my friends at Homebuiltairplanes.com

Thank you all for your time, consideration, and effort on this matter.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Yellowhammer

Back