Quantcast

Need an Engine? I'm on a mission...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

sd_art

I hope this isn't the wrong place for this.
I'm trying to help my best friend's widow, we lost him about a month ago. He had a collection of engines and she will need to move from the senior community they lived in soon. He was building an ultra light plane for years and I worked with him sometimes when he felt like letting me.
He purchased engines on Ebay with the intention to resell some to pay for rebuilding one. I'd like to find out if there is anyone I can deal with or if anyone has any suggestions for me.
I'm in Oceanside, CA and I could deliver a bunch of engines at once if there is some place nearby. I don't know the status of the airplane components as of now.
The first thing I'd like to do is learn to identify the engines, any ideas on doing that?

Thanks if you can help, all ideas are welcome, Art

flyvulcan

Log Member
If you can take some photos and post them here, I'm sure you would get a lot of help from users of this forum, including suggestions about values.

Dave

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Almost all engines have placards or serial numbers stamped somewhere. That'd be a start. Pictures would be nice.

rotaxsvs

Art,I have been working on ultralights and there engines since the mid 1980 and still tinker with them,i am interested in those engines,i have a shop at the french valley airport in Temecula Ca area.I would like to call you or you can give me a call anytime. 951 255-9144 Thankyou Wayne