Need advice on ultralight idea

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BBerson

HBA Supporter
The request was for unlimited batteries. An exemption request for "reasonable limited battery" could be approved.
Times change. It's been 7 years. My understanding is the FAA is asking for electric experimenters to go ahead and participate in the development of needed criteria.

GeneG

The request was for unlimited batteries. An exemption request for "reasonable limited battery" could be approved.
Times change. It's been 7 years. My understanding is the FAA is asking for electric experimenters to go ahead and participate in the development of needed criteria.
Exactly what is needed and ultimately reasonable.

TiPi

Log Member
Hi Gene,

Using the Teenie Two as your basis is picking the wrong design. I have set of plans and studied the design intensively before not building it. It is essentialy a brick with wings, it will barely fly with 50hp and no one has built one at 306#, about 350 is the minimum and many hit 400. Chop the power and it becomes a rock on a trajectory. Sorry.

My starting point would be the Monnett Moni or a UL glider. If you want to meet part 103, they won't make the speed limit.

GeneG

Hi Gene,

Using the Teenie Two as your basis is picking the wrong design. I have set of plans and studied the design intensively before not building it. It is essentialy a brick with wings, it will barely fly with 50hp and no one has built one at 306#, about 350 is the minimum and many hit 400. Chop the power and it becomes a rock on a trajectory. Sorry.

My starting point would be the Monnett Moni or a UL glider. If you want to meet part 103, they won't make the speed limit.
Thanks for that.