• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Naming Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomic_Sheep

Hi,

I've run into a problem that I'm sure has been faced before, but a search of this site and google, I've come up with practically no results that have been useful in helping me figure out how to best go about naming parts of my assemblies. The problem is as some have already guessed is related to loading multiple assemblies into a single file with sub parts of those assemblies being called the same thing. I'm sure I've seen this information somewhere before as it relates to aircraft design, but I can't find it any longer, but basically, what is a good way of naming parts so there is no naming conflicts?

Back