Quantcast

N-numbers: bending the rules?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

SVSUSteve

You'll be fine. Until that one day down the road somewhere, when you encounter that surly FSDO rep who just spent the entire morning arguing with his wife over "honey-do's". Then you're hosed.
Welcome to why it's only a fool who picks a fight with authority figures over something petty like the registration numbers simply for the sake of thumbing your nose at them.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Some days the bear gets you and some days you get the bear.
One day I'll never forget. I ramp (NO not tarmac),checked the FAA.
Never seen a FAA inspector so upset. Other people around him was falling down laughing.

TFF

Oh dont worry, the Gov just flew in a " civilian" special opps plane with no N number the other day; they do it, so we can? My company had an aircraft that was painted in the 70s with 9" numbers. The FAA never cared , but the guy giving check rides in it would question it. It was eligible for small numbers. I always told him they were bigger than minimum, so that had to be better than me painting over and putting small ones on.

Midniteoyl

Insolvent Radio Shack?
Income Redistribution Service?
Income Reduction Service?
Income Regulating Service?
International Rorschach Society?
Interest Rate Suppression?
Intermediate Reference System?
International Reference System?
Interstellar Reference System?
Input Record Separator?
Intencely Rong Speling?
Independent Rear Suspension?
Increasing Radius Search?
I'm a Rolling Stone?
Impulse Radio Sequence?

... I'm Really Sorry :gig:

>groan<

rpellicciotti

Oh dont worry, the Gov just flew in a " civilian" special opps plane with no N number the other day; they do it, so we can? My company had an aircraft that was painted in the 70s with 9" numbers. The FAA never cared , but the guy giving check rides in it would question it. It was eligible for small numbers. I always told him they were bigger than minimum, so that had to be better than me painting over and putting small ones on.
Only civilian, private and commercial aircraft are required to have "N" numbers. Aircraft operated by federal government agencies and the military do not normally have "N" numbers.

Latest posts