• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Wing Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoomZoom

This is a quick outline of a wing design for a light Heath/Legal Eagle type plane which I have discussed here previously. I finally had some time to get the basic outline on paper, and I'm sure it is imperfect...more modifications to come, but this is the basic design. If anyone has any questions or suggestions they will be most welcome. The design is geared towards ease of build, and where it may well end up being a bit heavier than a traditional build, it should also be as strong or stronger, and as I said easier to accomplish. The blue foam where it is heavier than the white, is also stronger and needs no skin structure to help it....it is in essence simply a former as light ribs would be, but yet it should be stronger as a "solid block" in that capacity. The main spars and solid ply ribs connect each other and conduct the bulk of the load as in a old school cloth coverd type, with the foam serving only as the former, but it does also add some structural help as well. I think this wing can be covered in any number of ways, the lighter the better, as the skin needs add no structural assistance. Any thoughts/flaws/suggestions? Any input is appreciated. TIA

ZZ.

PS. If the image is too small I will reload.

Attachments

• wing-2.jpg
    wing-2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 7,397
Back