• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Visit to CNCFoam's place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrHorsepower

Don't know if this is the right place to do this; but, had to go somewhere with it-so here goes. I had occasion to go over to CNCFoam's (aka Eric Zimmerman) house to see his foam cutter in action on Monday. I must say that I left very impressed, not so much with the machine (although that was pretty trick too) but with the person. Eric took all the time that I asked for out of his obviously busy schedule to show me what I wanted to see. He answered questions and made the time for me. The can do spirit is alive at Eric's house.

We had a long conversation about the trials and tribulations of trying to make a buck doing what one loves. As some of you know, it's very hard to do. There is always someone out there willing to do it cheaper (usually of ,later to be found, lessor quality.) And this drives the price of a craftsmans ,like Eric, work down to the point where it's not worth doing.

I just thought I would tell everybody about my experience with Eric, and encourage them to contact him when they need some foam cut. He has some very impressive referances that we would all be proud to put on our resumee (even you Orion). Since He doesn't know I'm writting this I won't say who incase there is a confidentiallity thing there. He can be found through this web site, handle "CNCFoam". Anyway I would strongly encourge any one who need this type of work to get in touch with him for the best quality at a very fair shop rate. His capabillities are also very impresive. somthing like 10'X2.5'X4'. He does taper wings as well as swept wings. He can also use your cad files ans does Solid Works stuff too! Take a look at his stuff on this forum under "foam core pics" a few lines down!!

Again-THANK YOU Eric for doing what you do and being willing to share it with me. As I said before I left your place, If you ever need anything-you let me know. If I can help I will.-Dave

Back