• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Sonex build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studentofbudo

Hello all,
Im starting my sonex build log. This will more than likely be a slow build until next year. Got a few other projects that need to be finished up before i really start into this build heavy.

Current progress:
Started drawing .dxf files for the tail horizontal stabilizer assembly. Going to program all pilot holes and finish dimensions on my cnc router. Mainly the skins, forward spar, main spar fitting, spar channels, and clips. All except the rib edges. Going try and build a brake this weekend, and hopefully set up the shop!

Got the full scale templates and crimp locations in .dxf, so, templates will be easy to make too! Haha

Ultimate goal is to link everything in cad and match pilot drill everything that can be piloted.

This will also allow me to easily do modifications and structural analyasis of the mods i wanna do.

Stay tuned! Haha

Btw, this will be a complete scratch build. :)

Back