• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My first Big Project, homebuilt BF109 E4.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crews94

Hello, the names crews94
I am a new member, I am currently junior in High school, And I want to build My own airplane.
I have begun using scaled prints from a model kit, and after finding the scale of the images, have begun creating, 1:1 scale drawings, or as close as they will get, for now.
I am not sure what the scale will be, And until I figure, or solve, the question of what engine, how big, etc will work with various scales, I will hand build allmost entirely, with no help, and Hopefully, a little donation, form my uncle, although im not expecting to get any support from my family, will build A large scale messerschmidt, probably of wood, using metal as a strengthening material, and anything from a very sturdy plastic like fabric, to partial wood, metal, and/or other material combinations. I Know I will be able to, or believe that it is possible to build this aircraft, and finding a job, is something that is proving difficult. I will continue to create bit for bit a scale drawing of the aircraft, and once done, refine it, more organized, and begin designing the actual frame. I plane, once I am nearly donee with the frame, to begin, if I have by then gotten a job, or financial help, or money, tools, and materials. Im not sure what type of engine a junior in High school could possibly buy, but I am thinking of a lawn mower engine, that I will have to modify, Or, even make my own, engine, or modifying an engine, to fit, and look How I want it.
I have currently done a basic scale drawing of the propellor, but these drawings will first be of geometric straight lines in general, to get the overall first, and perfected over time.

I hope to begin adding updates soon , but it will not be much more then of my drawings.
If anyone, is willing, to give any support, financialy, or even material and tools to use, meaning, I would basically, barrow the tools, and return them, then simply message me, or let me know, what support you would like to, or can give. Thanks in advance for anything, I hope to build something that many will enjoy, and find inspiring. :D

Back