• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarDevil

It took a lot of courage to post here. I've been lurking for a long time and to say I'm impressed with the knowledge on this board would understate my feelings significantly. I'll state upfront that I know nothing. I've got some ratings, I flew myself for business for a while (wanted badly to fly professionally, but wasn't man enough to stand up to my dad... but that's another story), so I settled for trying to find my place in the corporate world with an eye turned towards the sky, wishing I were there.

I've drawn a plane I'd like to show you. I initially drew it back in 1986, but was influenced by another design to redraw it in 1996. The premise is an owner flown plane with international capabilities. The engines are diesel, and the ones that make most sense to me (on paper, at least) are Delthawk 180 HP. I don't see them getting a lot of love here, so I'd be interested in feedback. I know Deltahawk hasn't done much but put out paper for a long time, but I was encouraged to see them actually fly a plane to Oshkosh this year... maybe they'll actually produce something!

Unless I win the lottery I'll never build this airplane, but I've enjoyed playing with the design over the years and I'd like to have some input to play with in my head, if you guys have the time and inclination. Also, if one of you has some 3D software and could create some nice images of this plane, I'd feel almost like I had flown it. :)

Again... with no engineering background all my numbers are WAGs, but my estimates are:

Gross wt - Approx 7,000
Fuel - 350 Gals
Cruise - 170 kts
Range 4500 Nautical Miles
Wing Area - Est. 185

Back