Mustang Prop Arrived

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Twister51

Doesn’t mean the guy made a good decision to fly it in that mechanical condition. I hope TXFlyGuy sues the pilot and forces him to pay for the entire rebuild. If it bankrupts the moronic pilot, then so be it. I also hope TXFlyGuy sues the FAA for their ineptitude of the Cleveland FSDO. Justice demands responsibility be accepted.

pfarber

Watch this:

Guy says the FSDO messed up. My comment is that 213D is N/A E/AB because you have to qualify all 3 parts.

Part 1, yes.
Part 2, no:

(2) The inoperative instruments and equipment are not -

(i) Part of the VFR-day type certification instruments and equipment prescribed in the applicable airworthiness regulations under which the aircraft was type certificated;

THE T-51D IS NOT CERTIFICATED.

(ii) Indicated as required on the aircraft's equipment list, or on the Kinds of Operations Equipment List for the kind of flight operation being conducted;

N/A E/AB

(iii) Required by § 91.205 or any other rule of this part for the specific kind of flight operation being conducted; or

ALL GAUGES FOR 205 WERE INSTALLED AND OPERATING CORRECTLY.

(iv) Required to be operational by an airworthiness directive; and

Part 3 no, none of the instruments were defective.

Where there known mechanical issues? Sure. But the FSDO cannot apply certificated rules to experimental AC. Maybe the design was meant to operate the way the pilot flew the AC.

So while the dummy at the controls did stupid things, I don't see a 213D violation or a reason for the FSDO to get involved as the guy in the video claims.

If I am not reading this correctly, please let me know where I went off the rails.

TFF

There are multiple threads that the owner has discussed what happened before it came out. Video is almost a year late from discussions here.