• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane For Sale Mustang II, AD Deleted

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! And we should all scrap all of the other experimental aircraft if it is not an RV!!! BTW, RV's are not built they are assembled. RV's are better suited for the unskilled builder.
BoKu, how about another glass of that "RV Koolaid".........

As an owner/restorer of a hand welded E-AB Hatz Biplane and currently assembling an RV-7 I can vouch that there is less margin for error building the RV, that's why so many are flying. The support community for Hatz and RV's is legendary and any issues with solutions are quickly propagated thru the community. I have learned that having support for your E-AB aircraft is an invaluable resource.

How do you know that the E-AB you are buying/flying was built/maintained by a skilled builder if it's not an RV?

I almost purchased a Mustang II ~6-7 yrs ago but it had a corrosion issue and I couldn't find any information if it was normal and/or if there was a standard fix for it. But I am also a big guy, 5'10" ~200 lbs and the Mustang made my RV-7 seem roomy.

The current aircraft market has folks dragging all sorts of junk out of old barns and selling them to unsuspecting folks who are desperate to find something they can afford. Buyer beware as there are many unscrupulous people out there, and some of the worst looking aircraft I have seen were "A&P" owned/built.

WOW! And we should all scrap all of the other experimental aircraft if it is not an RV!!! BTW, RV's are not built they are assembled. RV's are better suited for the unskilled builder.
BoKu, how about another glass of that "RV Koolaid".........

What's important here is that the RV series is the first in the history of amateur-built aircraft with resale prices consistently greater than the sum of the parts and materials. The vast majority of other homebuilts are net destructors of wealth that, when sold, yield a negative return on the time invested.

That's not necessarily a terrible thing. In building our own special aircraft we learn new things, express creativity and innovation, and expand our horizons. I consider those things well worth the cost.

What's special about the RVs is that their matched-hole and pre-punched construction, extremely complete kits, and excellent technical support make them very easy to build correctly. Furthermore, they have an extremely robust builder community with forums and accessory suppliers.

So when you buy an RV, it is a lot easier to have confidence that you are buying a solid product than meets your needs and expectations.

Last edited:

BJC

Supporting Member
What's special about the RVs is that their matched-hole and pre-punched construction, extremely complete kits, and excellent technical support make them very easy to build correctly. Furthermore, they have an extremely robust builder community with forums and accessory supplier
Not only that, but they seem to fly OK, too.

BJC

Status
Not open for further replies.