Murphy Rebel Interest - Alberta, Canada

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Knires

Hello! I joined this forum to help out my dad who no longer has his flying license and has been sitting on his Murphy Rebel kit for a very long time (20+ years). Obviously, after not getting his license renewed, motivation to complete the project evaporated. I think the alerions have been assembled, but most everything else is still in the original box. I am looking to help him sell the kit to someone who can use it and reclaim some garage space for my dad.
When I go visit next weekend, what should I look for to give a good description for sale? If anyone knows the groups in the Edmonton area that would also be a good place to post the kit for sale, please let me know. Thank you.

drwet

Murphy Aircraft is not as active as they once were, although they are still in business. The company changed hands a year or so ago so we are hopeful the new owners will reactivate the company. I was talking to their representatives at Oshkosh and they seem sincere. Hopefully they will be successful. As for your kit, they might bea good place to start to find out what you have.
There was also a factory representative by the name of Bob Patterson in southern Ontario who last I heard was still dealing in Murphy aircraft and kits. If you can find his contact information he might be a source of information for you, or he might be interested in your kit.
Or you could just finish building it. They are a fabulous aircraft.

CBHurricane

Knires, if you still have the kit of be interested in coming and taking a look and even buying it. I live just south of Red Deer near Olds. If it's alright I will send you a DM.

Shaunee

Hello! I joined this forum to help out my dad who no longer has his flying license and has been sitting on his Murphy Rebel kit for a very long time (20+ years). Obviously, after not getting his license renewed, motivation to complete the project evaporated. I think the alerions have been assembled, but most everything else is still in the original box. I am looking to help him sell the kit to someone who can use it and reclaim some garage space for my dad.
When I go visit next weekend, what should I look for to give a good description for sale? If anyone knows the groups in the Edmonton area that would also be a good place to post the kit for sale, please let me know. Thank you.
Hello. I'm interested in you Rebel kit for sale. Kindly let me know it's availability, description and price.

Thank you