Quantcast

Move to Xenforo

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I like many of the changes. The only thing about all the changes I don't like is the main landing page. The old version had it great because the forum section was on the left and the latest posts......and who posted....was on the far right. It was fast to check things out. As an example, the Hangar section has a new post and you can see right next to it what thread and by whom. So if you don't like or do like the particular thread it's all available in one "look".

Now it's gone 100%. You need to scroll down and you can see a post was updated and you need to click on it to find out what section etc.

For me at least, I don't follow forum sections. I follow certain people and certain threads on certain topics because that's ultimately what matters. ItsI as if that "connection" is kinda gone. Maybe it's just me.

Of course, my opinion which is irrelevant, still a cool forum.
Please try the watch thread or watch forum feature. Or follow a person. The watch forum is at the top of a forum on the left and watch thread is at the top of thread on the left. Then you can just click on the Watched Threads or Watched Forums when you log in.
People you Follow is an option in the User Control Panel. Just click on it and fill in who you want to Follow.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
After you go to "new posts", you'll see a link at the top for "recent posts", which will show you all recent posts, even if you've already viewed them.
Thanks!
View attachment 83582

This shows options when you click on New Posts at top of page.
Super, thanks. Any chance that button might get promoted to the top, always present, bar? Is the "Mark Forums Read" truly a popular function? I'd never use it, and if you need more real estate that might be one to demote to some other spot.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Please try the watch thread or watch forum feature. Or follow a person. The watch forum is at the top of a forum on the left and watch thread is at the top of thread on the left. Then you can just click on the Watched Threads or Watched Forums when you log in.
People you Follow is an option in the User Control Panel. Just click on it and fill in who you want to Follow.
Ok, sounds good. I'll give it a try and xhech it out.

rtfm

Sigh...
There are some nice features in the new forum, but I'm NOT a fan of the adverts. Bloody hell, HBA used to be a place I could come to get away from the incessant advertising bombardment by Google and Facebook.

And I'm NOT a fan of the tiny print. Most HBA members are "of an age" - and the small print is a pain in the arse.

I follow only two threads: The Affordaplane redesign thread, and the new Ranger LSA thread. But only the A-Plane thread appears in my list. The Ranger thread is conspicuous by its absence - even though the thread itself (when I navigate to it) says that I am following it. I unfollowed it, and then re-followed it. Still missing in action in my list.

Ah, well.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh...
There are some nice features in the new forum, but I'm NOT a fan of the adverts. Bloody hell, HBA used to be a place I could come to get away from the incessant advertising bombardment by Google and Facebook.

And I'm NOT a fan of the tiny print. Most HBA members are "of an age" - and the small print is a pain in the arse.

I follow only two threads: The Affordaplane redesign thread, and the new Ranger LSA thread. But only the A-Plane thread appears in my list. The Ranger thread is conspicuous by its absence - even though the thread itself (when I navigate to it) says that I am following it. I unfollowed it, and then re-followed it. Still missing in action in my list.

Ah, well.
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/how-to-disable-ads.31340/

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
And I'm NOT a fan of the tiny print.
It's not tiny. It's minuscule.....and way too washed out. Some contrast would help a lot. It may show up fine on a phone but on a full size monitor it is hard to read.

Give Admin some time. I'm fairly confidant there is a setting where they can let us choose our own font style and size.

Last edited:

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Sigh...

Ah, well.
So go to preferences and disable them.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The font size now of thread content is what it used to be.

upload_2019-3-22_17-34-51.png

Reactions: BJC

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Font size, after resetting my browser to default:

BTW how do we get to our past uploaded files so we can reuse them in our posts?

Edit: {IMG} is now a broken link. Was a 'thumbs up" GIF.

Last edited:

proppastie

Log Member
Well I thought I was able to cancel a post before posting....I was wrong.... in SeaMonkey

Switched browsers to Chrome ....the arrows on the post menu bar might be the answer.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I need to play with it more and I’ve only tried on the iPhone so far, but “NEW POSTS” takes me somewhere in the thread, always at the top of the page, and often to a page full of posts I’ve read month ago. Did it lose track of the read posts log?

Also, when I tried to edit my posts, even ones I just made, it appears to go through the steps, but when I hit the submit changes button, it goes back to the post, but no changes were made.

poormansairforce

It's getting better with all the tweaks but is it possible to get the thread title in the separate post headers again? With a bunch of tabs open I have to look up at the URL to remind myself thread I'm reading.

I do love the highlight and quote feature! Saves me from high lighting and snipping out text I don't want to quote.

cheapracer

Log Member
I would happily allow the ads to support the site if they didn't take up 45% of the pages width, how could it be expected not for people to complain.

pwood66889

Logged in tonight and I see (all measurements done by Mk I Eye-Ball) 1/8 left hand poster Ident bar, 5/8 message area, 2/8 advertisment bar on right. Best thing I like is that all verbiage on the message area is visible; none covered by ad bar. Not so on other email screens!
Percy

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Logged in tonight and I see (all measurements done by Mk I Eye-Ball) 1/8 left hand poster Ident bar, 5/8 message area, 2/8 advertisment bar on right.
All the ads are gone for me. I turned them off on my preference screen, they have not returned. Windows 10, Firefox, no aftermarket ad blocker in use.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
The ads still show up for me when using Safari when I am logged in with ads turned off (but not Firefox with ad blocker).

Not complaining, just reporting...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The ads still show up for me when using Safari when I am logged in with ads turned off (but not Firefox with ad blocker).

Not complaining, just reporting...
Can you post a full screen shot please.