Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Not much detail but a snip of the screen after clicking the "my Threads" menu:
error.jpg

FireFox + win 8.1
It's not a real problem. Just a bit inconvenient. Probably there problems with higher priority..........

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
While you're at it........... ;)

When I visit my build log to post it always takes me to the first post with no option to go to "the first unread" like our other threads. It's not a real problem but if there is a simple check box to give us that option on the build threads it would be nice.:cool:

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Tried to upload an Excel file with the ##.XLSX file format. It is apparently a non approved file extension.

##.XLS up loads with no problems. Can the XLSX extension be added?

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Thanks! I worked around for the last file with the old XLX extension. But I don't know what features are lost in the translation.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Did we ever find a WYSIWYG table editor for Xenforo? All the tables that were bult using the old forum software remain scrambled (which may just be the way things are going to have to be). Before Xenforo we could click an icon, define the table (rows/columns), and then just fill it in. Admin: Thanks for checking into this before, I don't know if we closed out the issue. Here's the 1960s way I just added a table to a post, and here's an example of a pre-conversion table that lost its formatting.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Checking on it with the developer that added it for us. Will let you know what I find out.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
test...

$$M\,(slugs)=\frac{W\,(lb)}{g\,(\frac{ft}{sec^{2}})}=\frac{500\,lb}{32\,\frac{ft}{sec^{2}}}=15.625\,slugs=\frac{15.625\,lb\,\text{x}\,sec^2}{ft}$$ $$L=C_{l}\frac{1}{2}\rho v^{2}S$$

Last edited:

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Somebody fixed the "New Post " button. Now I can click the new post button without having to scroll all the way back to top. (iPad)
Thanks.

kubark42

I would love to see an equation editor included in the interface. I understand that Xenforo has plugins available to utilize packages like MathJax to render LaTeX formatting, but there may be other options. We don't get too math heavy around here, but there are times it would be very helpful to post equations in standardized, easily readable formats.
I'd like to echo this point. It would be extremely helpful to have Math or some similar package supported. Writing math clearly is very helpful to constructive conversations.

UPDATE: Equation formatting is supported. It's just not obvious how to get there. In the editor, click on the ... to the right of the to the smiley face. There is a dropdown f(x) Math button. MathML (aka Latex) code is supported.

Or, write it directly with \( x^2+y^2=r^2 \) which yields \( x^2+y^2=r^2 \)

Last edited: