Move to Xenforo

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Retiree

There should be a way to object to certain ads. I am really tired of seeing a women's a$$ in every ad while reading a thread.

BJC

HBA Supporter
There should be a way to object to certain ads. I am really tired of seeing a women's a$$ in every ad while reading a thread.
Select Your Profile (little head and shoulder shaped icon at upper right of page) / Preferences / Disable Advertising.

BJC

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
On each ad in the upper right corner is an arrow and an X. Click on them and set your ad preferences

upload_2019-8-29_10-39-8.png

upload_2019-8-29_10-41-43.png

narfi

Something I have noticed is that the notifications no longer shows an unread count of subscribed threads once you go to the first one, it would be nice if it kept that number count and notification going until all have been read or addressed.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, anyone logged in can get rid of the ads.
Just go to the User Control Panel, via the little man icon on the top right of page.
Choose Preferences and go to bottom of page.
Then fill out and save.
upload_2019-8-29_13-57-58.png

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Something I have noticed is that the notifications no longer shows an unread count of subscribed threads once you go to the first one, it would be nice if it kept that number count and notification going until all have been read or addressed.
It does not show the number, but if you click on it it will show all unread.

narfi

It does not show the number, but if you click on it it will show all unread.
It shows alerts, which is a little different than showing unread. Alerts were unread initially, but may not be unread now, if that makes sense.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the "show all conversations" the unread will be in a bold print.
Also, if you look at the list of recent conversations the unread ones will be in light peach color and the read ones in light blue.

narfi

I am talking about the Alerts/notifications mouse over drop down thing that looks like a bell.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Haven't tried the search recently but the "My Threads" has been returning an error for a while. Presume it's related?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Please be explicit when you report something not working correctly. Saying something is not right does not tell me what to check to be fixed,or explained.

Sorta like me telling you the altimeter is not working right. You would have many more questions.