Move to Xenforo

Discussion in 'Rules of Conduct / HBA News and Announcements' started by admin, Mar 19, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Apr 18, 2019 #181

Hot Wings

Hot Wings

Hot Wings

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

I remember that the "Stickies" threads were locked in the old software. I could be wrong?

It seems to me that they should be so that they don't get cluttered up with general discussion of the relevant subject. I'd suggest that the stickies be locked and a link at the top and bottom inserted directing the reader to a matching discussion thread.

The sticky could be updated by the moderators, at the request of members with knowledge and experience in the subject or by the consensus of the posters on the discussion thread.

2. Apr 18, 2019 #182

aeroallan

aeroallan

aeroallan

Hmmm........still not working on linux....
    Thanks, Ron. I typed 0148 on the right-hand-side numeric keypad while holding down the Alt button.
    Got nothing.
    Reset the webpage to the beginning of forum posts when I typed that sequence in this dialog box.

More research is needed.....Please don't be put off if you see me write 0.5*p*v^2.

Any other linux users post here?

3. Apr 18, 2019 #183

admin

admin

admin

Administrator Staff Member

The stickies are still here as all threads were brought over in the conversion. They just are not stuck now. On getting them stuck again, I’d need to know the titles or possibly the mods would know and could help by resticking them.

4. Apr 18, 2019 #184

aeroallan

aeroallan

aeroallan

L=C_{d}\frac{1}{2}\rho v^{2}S

5. Apr 19, 2019 #185

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

$$L=C_{d}\frac{1}{2}\rho v^{2}S$$

6. Apr 19, 2019 #186

TXFlyGuy

TXFlyGuy

TXFlyGuy

Here is the big change...large "pop up" ads on the right hand side of my screen, taking up about 25% of the viewing space. Very annoying.

This compresses the posts into a smaller font.

I like the old format better. Not that it matters.

7. Apr 19, 2019 #187

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

Those adds are from your browser, like google or yahoo, not from the new server. I got infected with them briefly after going to a google site, but my protection cleaned them off after a reboot.

8. Apr 19, 2019 #188

admin

admin

admin

The ads we have here can be turned off if you are logged in. Go to User Control Panel, via the little person icon. Then to Preferences. At the bottom of preferences you can turn off ads and/or the right side bar. Remember to Save Changes.

upload_2019-4-19_10-48-11.png

9. Apr 20, 2019 #189

TXFlyGuy

TXFlyGuy

TXFlyGuy

Thank you. It is fixed!

10. Apr 21, 2019 #190

akwrencher

akwrencher

akwrencher

I have noticed many new members to HBA recently, adding build logs and such. Thanks to all those who worked hard to move to the new system and help keep the spam away, HBA is a great community and it is good to see new blood. I am guessing that it is in part due to us showing up on searches again. Hopefully that can continue. Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to you guys keeping things running smooth.

admin and BJC like this.
  11. May 22, 2019 #191

Vigilant1

Vigilant1

Vigilant1

Thanks. Is this still the approved solution for creating a table now? If there's not some WYSIWYG way to do it, is there a place with a more detailed explanation? It seems awkward to have to hand-type the code in, and there's no way to see how things are aligned, to set the column widths, etc. It's a pretty significant step backward from VBulletin.

I haven't tried Ron's program for converting an Excel table into something this forum can use. I can go down that road, but for somebody that just wants to make a 4X8 table from scratch to put into a post, it sure seems like the long way around.

Other: VBulletin was quite bad about dropping posts while they were being created. Like VB, sometimes the Xenforo window blinks off while I'm creating a post, but when I come back an autosaved draft is sitting there waiting for me to resume typing. That's WAY better than VB ever did.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  12. May 22, 2019 #192

admin

admin

admin

I do not have more instructions for this program, but I will look to see if I can find some. Also, some other members may be able to help you while I look.

13. May 22, 2019 #193

Vigilant1

Vigilant1

Vigilant1

Thanks for the reply and for checking. It's not a crisis, but the use of tables does help to make many posts here more useful.