• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Motor mount for 4A084-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarpedWing

Getting close to being ready to hang the engine on our Ridge Runner 3. I keep looking at the engine mount my brother in-law had made for us and I am not satisfied with this thing. It is all made of 1/2 inch 4130 and is a bed mount design. The guy that fabricated this thing for us designed it to use four of the oil pan bolts per side. Now I am not an engineer (failed Thermodynamics and higher math) however, I just don't see this being strong enough to sustain the weight, torque and handle the vibration. Has anyone here ever fabricated an engine mount for this engine? I have seen, up close, a Ridge Runner 3 using this same engine but, at the time, we were in the early phases of our build. I did not pay attention to the engine mount whatsoever at the time. Now the plane is somewhere in Michigan.

I just don't have a good feeling about this type of mount. I like a lot of vibration dampening. This mount has NONE. I don't have the time at the moment to locate batter photos but, I was hoping I could pick the brains of those in the know here.

I will take a few more if needed. These are form our builders log.

.IMG_1252.JPGIMG_1279.JPGIMG_1174.JPG

Back