Quantcast

Motor mount for 4A084-4

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

WarpedWing

Getting close to being ready to hang the engine on our Ridge Runner 3. I keep looking at the engine mount my brother in-law had made for us and I am not satisfied with this thing. It is all made of 1/2 inch 4130 and is a bed mount design. The guy that fabricated this thing for us designed it to use four of the oil pan bolts per side. Now I am not an engineer (failed Thermodynamics and higher math) however, I just don't see this being strong enough to sustain the weight, torque and handle the vibration. Has anyone here ever fabricated an engine mount for this engine? I have seen, up close, a Ridge Runner 3 using this same engine but, at the time, we were in the early phases of our build. I did not pay attention to the engine mount whatsoever at the time. Now the plane is somewhere in Michigan.

I just don't have a good feeling about this type of mount. I like a lot of vibration dampening. This mount has NONE. I don't have the time at the moment to locate batter photos but, I was hoping I could pick the brains of those in the know here.

I will take a few more if needed. These are form our builders log.

.IMG_1252.JPGIMG_1279.JPGIMG_1174.JPG

Flyguyeddy

HBA Supporter
You will have to make some parts for this. They bolt to the sides of the engine where the old mounts were. Front and back.

WarpedWing

Thanks for the input guys. Eddy, thanks for finding that post. I did a serach of the forum but did not run across this one. I like the mount.