• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Most useful specialty computer programs etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregory Perkins

If you are moving and copying thousands of files and folders for organization among different logical drives etc there is a File Manager more powerful than what comes with Windows called
TERACOPY.
---------- When I am searching for a part of a file name in any part of the hard drive because you dont know where you put the file and are trying to locate it, a Disk Manager called TOTAL COMANDER is the most powerful.
------------ As mentioned earlier, a great image manager and editor is IRFANVIEW. BTW it reads TIF blueprint files very well.
-------------Right now I am of the opinion that the 2D version of TurboCad is the best deal for the best functioning introductory and intermediate CAD program. I looked at at least a dozen other programs to arrive at that conclusion.
------------ For me, the best Word Processing program is something called Open Office Writer that can read and write in MicroSoft Word format or its own format. I have been using that program for about 20 years now after I quit using Microsoft Word.
------------

Back