• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Most universal aluminum sheet for interior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandetlefsen

I have the option to either order custom pieces of any alloy and size from overseas (i.e. spruce) with expensive shipping or buy full sheets domestically for less. 1100 is plenty around in any size but it's pretty soft and i like to avoid it, i can source 6061, 6063, 7075, 5083 and 2024 but would have the buy the full 8'x4' sheet. I'm looking for a material for avionics trays and those kind of non structural parts. I would also like to use a brake for some parts. I don't need is as material for my instrument panel.

Naturally having to buy full sheets i would like to keep my stock low, ideally to just one. If you could just pick a single alloy, thickness heat treat level etc, which one do you think would be the most universal?

Back