Most Beautiful Aircraft Ever Built

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

BJC

HBA Supporter
The most beautiful airplane ever built was the 747 that hauled me out of Korea, after being stuck there for two years! :)
Big discussion this am at coffee about the 747. The 6 or 7 airline drivers here all lauded the handling and performance of the 747. Best ever, according to them.

BJC

geraldmorrissey

Back in the early 90's JAL asked Boeing to develop a 747 variant with fixed gear for short runs to islands around Japan. Taking out the retracts saved 3,000 lbs that could increase seating capasity. No gallies, no lavs just seats. Buddy of mine worked on it, he was on the team that designed the worlds biggest wheel pants. In the end JAL backed out and the worlds most beautiful airliner wasn't turned into the ugliest.
Gerry

AJLiberatore

Did anyone notice the "YASA" as in YASA Motors on the new Racer?

I have had the pleasure of meeting some of their team at the EVTechExpo here in MI and their were hints of an Av project before they could talk about it.

BTW...
The Solid State Battery Players are lining up with Auto Manufacturers. VW w/ Quantumscape, Ford BMW Hyundai with Solid Power, and GM with Solid Energy Systems SES to name a few. Gen-Av will perhaps benefit, QS has mentioned interest from that sector and immic Solid Power and SES has had no-mil UAV's tested with their batteries per press releases.

Beautiful planes with E power enabled by the Solid State battery Revolution that is coming, perhaps that is a thread for somewhere around 2026-2027....