Most Beautiful Aircraft Ever Built

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Kristoffon

I wonder how much a Hercules replica (with more powerful engines, turboprop maybe) wouild cost today. Wood is cheap, labor is expensive, maybe $20-30M? No expensive bleeding edge turbofans, fly by wire, expensive metals... It would be an order of magnitude cheaper than a 747 I think...

Last edited:

Miles Heiner

The Skyblazer was built by my old boss, Chuck Harrison. He is co owner of Composites Universal Group and has had his hands deep in the ViperJet, Giles 200,MX-2,anything you could think of. He built it from an old Rutan Solirare fuselage that was going to the dump. Hot wired foam surfaces and a new, beefed up cowl with an O-200.

4trade

Skyblazer is real beauty, and that is even bigger credit because it has been build for using Solitaire fuse....something that is less beautiful plane IMHO. He just use that "beautiful part" of it.

Yogi

I think the true beauty of an airplane does not lie in the sultry aesthetics of a designers pencil or of the engineers prowess. Beauty is totally arbitrary.It is different to some and the same to others. Except for the the ones that have been cursed with the fear of flying, for which I truly hope they find a cure, and even they marvel at the experiences of the ones that embrace the wonder that we know. It lies within the pilot and passenger who have been lifted beyond the surface to view the creation that we have been blessed to inhabit and , for a moment , experience the true beauty that is flight.

N111KX

I think the true beauty of an airplane does not lie in the sultry aesthetics of a designers pencil or of the engineers prowess. Beauty is totally arbitrary.It is different to some and the same to others. Except for the the ones that have been cursed with the fear of flying, for which I truly hope they find a cure, and even they marvel at the experiences of the ones that embrace the wonder that we know. It lies within the pilot and passenger who have been lifted beyond the surface to view the creation that we have been blessed to inhabit and , for a moment , experience the true beauty that is flight.
You're good^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

TFF

Grumman OV-1? Interesting, intriguing, useful, macho, adaptable for sure, but beautiful?