Quantcast

Most Beautiful Aircraft Ever Built

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Detego

Ah. I wasn't aware it was a contest. I just figured you were making a "statement of fact". LOL
So far as existing aircraft are considered, the Spitfire still is my hands down winner for most attractive.

The Spitfire is the only one I'd compare it with. Good Pick.

litespeed

It sure is a stunning looking aircraft, the design is so far advanced for its time of 1937. It is a beautiful metal sculpture, and would have blown the minds of the people back then.

At this stage it gets my vote.......................but like all objects of pure beauty- it is only skin deep.

But hell if it flew and I owned it-.............................I would never kick her out of bed for leaking.

SVSUSteve

George Pereira´s GP-5 is one extremely good looking plane.
View attachment 17785
View attachment 17784
Interesting design but I've never been particularly fond of the racers. I guess it just comes from not having much of an interest in watching or participating in a bunch of guys flying in circles at low altitude. You'd think with my love of high speed aircraft for point A to point B travel that I would have some crossover. LOL

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I see beauty in many of the old designs (vintage and early years of flight), but to throw a few at you that are more akin to the examples you have given so far...

Lockheed Constellation (Connie)
LockheedConstellation_1.jpgHW_Lockheed_Constellation_Starliner_L-1049_Lufthansa-2.jpg

Lancair
Lancair_Legacy-5.jpgLancair2000_1.jpgLancair360-Baker.jpg

Mustang (one of these photos is the one I maintained and flew)
p51-11a.jpgP51ManOWarEVG01.jpgDSC_0256e_filteredc.jpg

Denny Polen's Special
Polen.jpg

Republic XF-12 Rainbow
Rainbow2.jpgRainbow.jpg

Beech Staggerwing

Lockheed SR-71

Attachments

Last edited: