• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

More wing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

I have been playing with one of my R/C designs I made to test my engines with, and I wanted to test the wing in DesignFOIL but It does not seem to support it. I have already decided I will make it anyway, as I am pretty sure it will be OK, and with a model plane, its just a case of another day's work if it doesn't fly properly, as opposed to a year's work and possibly a looong stay in hospital or worse!
So, with my printouts in hand, I have begun to knock up a quick set of foil templates for the wing and hopefully I will have the model weighted and ready for glide tests pretty soon. I will have 2x7 Lb thrust engines ready to put on it next week.
The total span is only 1238mm so it's not a big model, it really just to begin to work out fuel delivery and run inital reliability tests...
I have some bigger engines also in the mill, but these are for much larger scale tests.
By now I guess you are wondering "but whats this to do with making a real plane??"
Here it is, I have been toying with a design for an aircraft with a similar 2 stage wing for many years now, and I want to be able to run some computer based tests on it before I went to the expense of producing it.
I really think it looks pretty cool, who knows, maybe one day I might try to scale it up and produce a big version of it as well?
:gig:

Attachments

• x-402 wing.jpg
    x-402 wing.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 284
Back