Moni Motorglider

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

^^^^^^^^^^ +1

The Moni is a great concept and configuration. But the 1980's Monnett kit might not have been the very best execution of the concept. This can be illustrated by the differences between the Moni and the later 2 place version (Sonex). You absolutely cannot fault a designer for improving their kits over the years, all kit manufacturers now make much better versions of the original designs.

A modern CNC pre-drilled kit for something the size, shape, and engine size of the Moni (paramotor engine or small block Briggs) would be a huge winner IMHO.

Finn

You want to buy a KFM with a reduction drive? Or keep your money in your pocket and trade us something for it? Our EAA chapter owns a KFM 107 ER and has no use for it. We do have a use for lots of other stuff. Interested?
Please send a PM with any details.
I'd be much obliged!

Longtrip

My Moni Tri-gear that I didn’t build, but finished and prepared for flight test. All known service letters (not bonded but riveted wings), wing root mod, and ruddervader shackle mod. 2 new KFM 107 engines( 30hp & 25HP).SN 334T Excellent workmanship. My health may force a sale😞

Attachments

rjinaz

Thanks a million for the newsletter and diagrame. Building a moni and had not seen this or mentioned on the group site.

wwz7777

Hi All,

There is an addition to the plans with this mod on it. Log in to the Moni Groups.io site and go to the Files section. The second entry should be "Files Section from old Moni Yahoo Group." It is a Google drive link. Once there, look for a link to "Moni Plans - Drawings and text....." This will take you to the updated plans drawings that have notes incorporated from the newsletters, service bulletins and updates from Monnett. Open "Moni_Plans_Sh21-30.PDF." Page 23 is the exploded view of the flight control system assembly and at the bottom of the page is a sketch of the rudder cable mod. I've also attached that PDF.

Hope this helps!

Bill

Attachments