Moni Motorglider

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

slociviccoupe

I get that a 2 stroke would be good replacement. I just despise 2 strokes. I have the kfm and not using it. Maybe on a modafied cri cri at some point.
Reliability and fuel efficiency are priority.

slociviccoupe

Any idra why cant do anything on the moni google group. Or maybe im just retarded. I dont see a "files" section. If anyone can help with pdf of tri gear, firewall thickness, the full size templates and thrust line. And any info on spoilers. Spoilers in the manual isnt great and confusing. Also looks like bad angle on cable for spoilers that will cause wear.

I know the holes in spars has been said best to omit them. They are 3.5" in plans. Could 2" holes reduce some weight and keep adequate strength in shesr web? Or just eat the 5# .

Still dont know what to do with firewall, unless its made of thick material no way the .020" thick gussets on the front could support the kfm or the nose gear.

slociviccoupe

Im on mobile. My desktop /cad computer is not connected to internet. I tried creating an account and cant create account to be able to log in. Says site under construction.

Im on mobile. My desktop /cad computer is not connected to internet. I tried creating an account and cant create account to be able to log in. Says site under construction.
Didn't try my phone but maybe Groups.io isn't set up to display properly on the small screen? Scroll down and there are links to join or log in.
This one for join:

slociviccoupe

So is the moni page even active im still waiting on aproval to join. At this point anyone who can access what i need and send the drawings or files to my email would be compensated. Im still having issues with the moni google group. And the page says under construction or something like that. Hasnt changed in few months now.

Bill-Higdon

The Monerai had bonded wing skins but I don't recall any problems with that process
Turd,

I posted previously about a friends experience with delamination on his Moni. Also I read an online account of someone who had his bonded Moni do a major "disassembly" in flight. He came to still strapped to the remains of the tail cone, he was lucky to have a parachute and altitude to use it.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
The Monerai and Moni are related but not identical. I am not sure if the gluing process was the same or not. The darndest thing about it is that there are chemical processes that would have allowed good, safe, reliable bonding... but either the chemicals were not appropriate for garage level builders, or they were expensive, etc.

I would LOVE to see a properly executed bonded-skin homebuilt kit, but I'm guessing the chemical conversion of the aluminum would have to be done by the kit seller. And even then, there would be a big (and justified) stigma to get over.

Bill-Higdon

The Monerai and Moni are related but not identical. I am not sure if the gluing process was the same or not. The darndest thing about it is that there are chemical processes that would have allowed good, safe, reliable bonding... but either the chemicals were not appropriate for garage level builders, or they were expensive, etc.

I would LOVE to see a properly executed bonded-skin homebuilt kit, but I'm guessing the chemical conversion of the aluminum would have to be done by the kit seller. And even then, there would be a big (and justified) stigma to get over.
From what I saw from people building both it was the same process

wwz7777

Supporting Member
So is the moni page even active im still waiting on aproval to join.
Hello to all,
I've contacted the moderator about this issue. He's been away due to a death in his immediate family. He did say he approved one request to join the group. Slociviccoupe, was that you? Have you been approved? The moderator is in the process of training a new moderator. Please be patient as the group goes through this process.

So everyone knows, the original Moni group on Yahoo no longer exists. The information on the site has been migrated to the Moni group on Groups.io. Currently, you have to a deep-dive into the files section to find the information that was on the Yahoo site. Hopefully, all the old files will get better organized.