• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Modifying exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

I hung up my engine for a trial fit and as expected that humongous exhaust sticks way out of the side. Bringing it in two inches would get it under the cowl. The way it is the cowl will have to have a concave bulge to run inside the vertical part of the exhaust. Not very aesthetically pleasing.

I'm seriously considering modifying the exhaust manifold, a Y-pipe from the cylinders that carries the ball joint for the main exhaust, but knowing how fickle two-strokes are as far as exhaust length goes, is this a no-no? I suppose somehow maintaining the length in the manifold while bringing the joint closer to the cylinders would be the way to go, but making short S-bends in 1 3/4" tubing is not easy.

Attachments

• tempo.jpg
    tempo.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 277
Back